Sometimes, you just throw something together and it winds up being one of the best things ever. I just happened to go to Trader Joe’s that day and saw their awesome Chile and Onion tortillas. And I quickly realized they would make the best quesadillas. So, I picked up some soyrizo (their vegan soyrizo is back, FYI!) and headed home.
Here’s how I did it:
- Trader Joe’s Chile and Onion Tortillas (2 per quesadilla)
- your favorite vegan cheese (I used Daiya cheddar shreds)
- Any garnishments you’d like
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- While oven is heating, brown soyrizo in a small pan. This should take about 5 minutes. Remove soyrizo from heat once it’s browned to your liking.
- Take one tortilla and place it on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle your cheese all over the tortilla. Then do the same with the soyrizo. Then top with a second tortilla.
- Place the assembled quesadillas in the oven and about about 7-10 minutes. You want the tortilla to be crispy and the cheese melted.
- Remove from oven and slice into wedges. Pizza cutters work wonders here!
- Serve alongside garnishments and your favorite sides. Since these quesadillas are spicy, cool garnishments like non-dairy sour cream, guacamole or fresh salsa would work best.